execfile of large python script seems to leak memory
Author Message
 execfile of large python script seems to leak memory

I have a veeery large generated python script (11000 lines). I run it
with execfile. It is supposed to create a data structure internally.

Now I replaced every function generating the data structure with a
do-nothing dummy. Nevertheless, after execfile is done, the memory
footprint of the process is 80MB as if it does not give back anything
to the operating system.

This is on Linux where malloc normally *does* return greater chunks of
unused memory to the system.

Any ideas how I can read the stuff in without increasing the memory
footprint unecessarily?

  Harald Kirsch

--
----------------+------------------------------------------------------

LION bioscience | +49 6221 4038 172          |        -- Paul Erd?s

Sun, 16 Nov 2003 23:27:05 GMT

1. memory leak in python script

2. python startup memory size and memory leak

3. memory leak with large list??

4. ATTN All Python Gurus: Memory Leaks in Python

5. ATTN All Python Gurus: Memory Leaks in Python (not)

6. memory leak and leak-fixing 'patterns'

7. memory leaks in 1.5.2 Python interpreter

8. Memory leak when embedding Python 2.2?

9. Python 2.0: memory leak in "pdb"?

10. python 1.5.2 memory leak?

11. embedding python 1.5.2 problem - Py_Finalize memory leaks

12. Memory leak problems with python and COM