ANN: rlcompleter2 0.95 Interactive Completion
Author Message
 ANN: rlcompleter2 0.95 Interactive Completion

rlcompleter2-0.95  Python readline aka <tab> completion

There are some small bugfixes and enhancements with
the 0.95 version.  Moreover, i rearranged/extended
the website, added an issue tracker (roundup) for bugs
and feature wishes and a development mailistlist.
Please find it all here:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

I don't quite expect much traffic on the mailing list
but it might be a good place to discuss further
runtime introspection developments.

One of my ideas is to make the completer 'embeddable'
into an application.  A frontend could then connect
to a running application and you could live-inspect your
system (with tab-completion).  Apart from a terminal
frontend a web based app could provide navigation and
browsing through live objects  (including their
documentation).  Anybody interested in stuff like
this is invited to join the mailing list.

thanks for your attention,

    holger

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 07:28:11 GMT
 ANN: rlcompleter2 0.95 Interactive Completion

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ANN: rlcompleter2 0.95 Interactive Completion
I didn't find your email address on your website (oh hey, there it is below)

Anyway, another install option (instead of PYTHONSTARTUP) is to put code in
sitecustomize.py

--
Novell DeveloperNet Sysop #5

_

Quote:

> rlcompleter2-0.95  Python readline aka <tab> completion

> There are some small bugfixes and enhancements with
> the 0.95 version.  Moreover, i rearranged/extended
> the website, added an issue tracker (roundup) for bugs
> and feature wishes and a development mailistlist.
> Please find it all here:

>     http://codespeak.net/rlcompleter2/

> I don't quite expect much traffic on the mailing list
> but it might be a good place to discuss further
> runtime introspection developments.

> One of my ideas is to make the completer 'embeddable'
> into an application.  A frontend could then connect
> to a running application and you could live-inspect your
> system (with tab-completion).  Apart from a terminal
> frontend a web based app could provide navigation and
> browsing through live objects  (including their
> documentation).  Anybody interested in stuff like
> this is invited to join the mailing list.

> thanks for your attention,

>     holger

   http://www.newsfeed.com       The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:57:18 GMT
 ANN: rlcompleter2 0.95 Interactive Completion

Quote:

> I didn't find your email address on your website (oh hey, there it is below)

thanks, fixed the site.

Quote:

> Anyway, another install option (instead of PYTHONSTARTUP) is to put code in
> sitecustomize.py

Doesnt 'sitecustomize.py' get executed also with non-interactive sessions
(normal apps)?!

    holger

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 23:32:04 GMT

1. ANN: rlcompleter2 0.95 Interactive Completion

2. rlcompleter2 <TAB> interactive completion

3. rlcompleter2 <TAB> interactive completion

4. semi-[ANN] Ruby::RSS 0.95

5. Interactive Console Program with Tab-Completion

6. function/variable name completion in interactive mode of the interpreter

7. DELTA Forth 0.95 now available

8. XTDLIB 0.95 info

9. XTDLIB 0.95 released

10. WDOSX 0.95 released

11. ANNOUNCE: Release of NASM version 0.95

12. WDOSX 0.95 released