trying to run boa: problem with stc.py / stc_.py / stc_c.py
Author Message
 trying to run boa: problem with stc.py / stc_.py / stc_c.py

first of all:

wxWindows : 2.4.0
wxPython  : 2.3.4.2
python    : 2.3a0

I downloaded Boa from CVS and the zipfile from Sourceforge as well. Both
have the same problem, when i do:

$> python Boa.py

### Error-Log ###

tarting Boa Constructor v0.1.4
importing wxPython

""" NOT IMPORTANT, Mozilla and other apps, have the same warning, but
this doesn't affect functionality """

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"textures/DefaultGrad.xpm" line 176

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"textures/DefaultGrad.xpm" line 178

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"textures/DefaultGrad.xpm" line 179

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"textures/DefaultGrad.xpm" line 204
""" NOT IMPORTANT """

""" Here's the real error: """

reading user preferences
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Boa.py", line 184, in ?
import Preferences, About, Utils
File "Preferences.py", line 110, in ?
execfile(file)
File "/home/cruciatuz/.boa/prefs.rc.py", line 315, in ?
from wxPython.stc import wxSTC_WS_INVISIBLE,
wxSTC_WS_VISIBLEALWAYS, wxSTC_WS_VISIBLEAFTERINDENT
File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxPython/stc.py",
line 7, in ?
from stc_ import *
File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxPython/stc_.py",
line 2, in ?
import stc_c
ImportError: No module named stc_c

### EOF ###

I am not able to find out what stc_c is. I know about stc_.py and stc.py
(the stc.py is just a wrapper for stc_.py, but in stc_.py is this stc_c
is called, but i can't find it anywhere).
I played with commenting out things in my prefs.rc.py and i renamed
things in the stc* 's, but i just can't find out what's wrong(?)

--
Many thx in advance and a happy new year to everybody,
Stefan

Mon, 20 Jun 2005 01:53:06 GMT
 trying to run boa: problem with stc.py / stc_.py / stc_c.py

Quote:

[...]
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "Boa.py", line 184, in ?
> import Preferences, About, Utils
> File "Preferences.py", line 110, in ?
> execfile(file)
> File "/home/cruciatuz/.boa/prefs.rc.py", line 315, in ?
> from wxPython.stc import wxSTC_WS_INVISIBLE,
> wxSTC_WS_VISIBLEALWAYS, wxSTC_WS_VISIBLEAFTERINDENT File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxPython/stc.py",
> line 7, in ?
> from stc_ import *
> File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxPython/stc_.py",
> line 2, in ?
> import stc_c
> ImportError: No module named stc_c

> ### EOF ###

> I am not able to find out what stc_c is. I know about stc_.py
> and stc.py (the stc.py is just a wrapper for stc_.py, but in
> stc_.py is this stc_c is called, but i can't find it
> anywhere). I played with commenting out things in my
> prefs.rc.py and i renamed things in the stc* 's, but i just
> can't find out what's wrong(?)

Little bit of a shot in the dark, but I'm guessing stc_c is a shared
library containing a python extension and that you need to rebuild that
extension to make it work with Python 2.3a...

-- bjorn

Mon, 20 Jun 2005 23:40:18 GMT

1. problems when trying to run Gnuplot.py (Gnuplot-1.5) under Python 2.2.1

2. problem using http proxy with urllib.py and urllib2.py

3. Deleting rexec.py and Bastion.py

4. site.py, sitecustomize.py and unicode errors

5. trace.py and coverage.py

6. syntax-error with new Python 2.1 and pyFTPd.py and pyFTPdrop.py

7. execfile('bla.py'), can bla.py know its full path

8. To fix urllib.py or urllib2.py?

9. Class Browser pyclbr.py for Py 1.5?

10. real.py needs math.py

11. Tkinter Issues (Py 1.5, Tcl/Tk 8.0p2, tkFileDialog.py)

12. ftpmtime.py: add-on for ftpmirror.py