example of external program execution from zope
Author Message
 example of external program execution from zope

hello,

(sorry if this isn't the right place to post)

i'm looking for examples of external program executions from zope or even
examples of zope object wrapping external programs and catching output,
i'm really interested in any ressources or links, and don't know where to
start search (google didn't help me this time)

thanks in advance,

s13.

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 20:53:54 GMT
 example of external program execution from zope

Quote:
>i'm looking for examples of external program executions from zope or even
>examples of zope object wrapping external programs and catching output,
>i'm really interested in any ressources or links, and don't know where to
>start search (google didn't help me this time)

a) Put this into <zope>\Extensions\qaz.py:

import os
def qaz():
        return os.popen("dir *.*").read()

b) Add an External Method 'qaz' somewhere, id=qaz. Module Name=qaz,
    Function  Name=qaz.

c) Use the "Test" tab or use it like so: <dtml-var qaz>, i.e.

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<h2>var</h2>
<pre>
<dtml-var qaz html_quote>
</pre>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

--
Thank you for observing all safety precautions

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:38:49 GMT

1. Execution of external programs from within Smalltalkenvironment

2. Controling the execution of external programs on Win2K

3. Zope query: importing packages from External Methods

4. Zope external methods and Python: Access to object with a dot in the name

5. zope external method question...

6. zope search on external html tree

7. Parameters for Zope External Method

8. Zope 2: External objects?

9. Testing self-written imported Modules in a Zope python external method

10. Advance Program: ILPS'91 Workshop on Parallel Execution of Logic Programs

11. Zope Documentation and example sites

12. zope example at /url/