To fix urllib.py or urllib2.py?
Author Message
 To fix urllib.py or urllib2.py?

Hi,

There are some outstanding issues with proxy handling in urllib.py in
python 1.5.2.  Specifically, parsing of usernames and passwords in the
proxy url are not handled correctly (see bug 221 in incoming), and the
authorisation info is being passed to the proxy incorrectly (should be
using 'Proxy-Authorization:' header).

I have fixed these locally in urllib.py in 1.5.2, and I want to submit
a patch against CVS, as there's no sign of these having been fixed
there.  However, there is now a new urllib, Jeremy Hylton's urllib2.py
under CVS.  Can anybody tell me which one I should be working against?
Is the new one destined to be the definitive version, or should I
patch both for the time being?

Thanks,
Steve

Sun, 18 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. problem using http proxy with urllib.py and urllib2.py

2. trying to run boa: problem with stc.py / stc_.py / stc_c.py

3. urllib.py patch: proxy authentication

4. Throttling version of urllib.py, anyone?

5. adding cookie support to urllib.py (more PIM scripting)

6. urllib.py and $NO_PROXY

7. Strange problem with urllib.py

8. Bug in urllib.py (?)

9. Python urllib.py bug

10. Adding new URL schemes to urllib.py

11. Using URLLIB.PY to download a filename.tgz type file

12. buglet in urllib.py