Python Imaging Library on Win32
Author Message
 Python Imaging Library on Win32

HI, I am learning to code with python both on platform Linux and
Windows.
I've got some problem with PIL on Windows.

When I type "import Image" it works.
But for every not dull operation I try to do with that module I get the
following error:

ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed

Where I have to put libraries?
And which is the _imaging C module?
Is it the _imaging.dll file?
Are there some other file I have to install on my system?

Thank you.

Fri, 28 Nov 2003 03:26:50 GMT
 Python Imaging Library on Win32

Quote:
> HI, I am learning to code with Python both on platform Linux and
> Windows.
> I've got some problem with PIL on Windows.

> When I type "import Image" it works.
> But for every not dull operation I try to do with that module I get the
> following error:

> ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed

> Where I have to put libraries?
> And which is the _imaging C module?
> Is it the _imaging.dll file?
> Are there some other file I have to install on my system?

My system shows "_imaging.pyd" and "_imagingtk.pyd", both
in c:\python21\bin. The ".pyd" suffix is pythonese for ".dll". If
they aren't in that library, either you need to put them there, or
you need to put them somewhere that Python will find them.
Since they've got the same change date, I assume you need both
of them.

John Roth

Quote:

> Thank you.

Fri, 28 Nov 2003 06:18:18 GMT

1. Fredrik Lundh: [PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] Java Imaging Library !?

2. image library for Fortran (WSQ image library for fingerprints) released

3. Printing images with Python (win32)

4. ANN: Python Imaging Library 1.1.4 final (may 10, 2003)

5. ANN: Python Imaging Library 1.1.4 beta 2

6. ANN: Python Imaging Library 1.1.4 beta 1

7. ANN: Python Imaging Library 1.1.3 (march 15, 2002)

8. ANNOUNCEMENT: The Python Imaging Library, version 1.1.2

9. PIL 1.0 final - Python Imaging Library

10. Python imaging library problem

11. Python Image Library Installation Problem

12. Python Imaging Library and fonts