can distutils build simultaneously on two architectures?
Author Message
 can distutils build simultaneously on two architectures?

Can I safely execute the standard distutils command

    python setup.py build

simultaneously on two different architectures (Solaris and Linux in this
case) without fear of clashing?  I know about the build/{temp,lib}*
directories for compiling and linking C/fortran code.  What about the
directories containing .py[co] files?  Does any sort of locking take place?

--
Skip Montanaro

Sun, 20 Feb 2005 11:11:11 GMT

1. Two canvas scrolled simultaneously by the same scrollbar (an UNIQUE scrollbar and TWO or more canvas)

2. Weird problem running two RB apps simultaneously in Win32

3. Question about executing two loops simultaneously

4. How to run two vi's simultaneously?

5. error 10843 - underflow error - PCI 6025E - when outputing two waveforms simultaneously

6. DAQ using one PC but two carts simultaneously

7. how to control two 6110e daq cards to acquire 8 signals simultaneously

8. Scrollbar to control two canvas widgets simultaneously

9. two windows to appear simultaneously

10. Why are these two architectures different?

11. PyOpenGL build (was distutils question)

12. PyOpenGL build (was distutils question)