Python and Functional Programming
Author Message
 Python and Functional Programming

Dear python People,

I professionally use the functional programming language Clean to
write heavy-algorithmic applications, and am at the moment seeking a
flexible and powerful way to glue these applications together, along
with some GUI front-end. I read a few introductory articles about the
Python and JPython languages that seem to provide a tremendous
flexibility and a vast library panel.

I have heard that the new versions of Python had integrated some
concepts taken from functional programming, and I would be interested
in having a few pointers to these topics.

Sincerely yours, Fabien

Sat, 13 Dec 2003 19:35:20 GMT
 Python and Functional Programming

Quote:

> Dear Python People,

> I professionally use the functional programming language Clean to
> write heavy-algorithmic applications, and am at the moment seeking a
> flexible and powerful way to glue these applications together, along
> with some GUI front-end. I read a few introductory articles about the
> Python and JPython languages that seem to provide a tremendous
> flexibility and a vast library panel.

> I have heard that the new versions of Python had integrated some
> concepts taken from functional programming, and I would be interested
> in having a few pointers to these topics.

> Sincerely yours, Fabien

Dr. David Mertz has several good articles on functional programming in
Python.  Check out http://gnosis.cx/publish/tech_index.html
--

http://www.dougfort.net

   With Seven Servers In California And Texas - The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Sat, 13 Dec 2003 20:31:17 GMT
 Python and Functional Programming

Quote:

> I professionally use the functional programming language Clean to
> write heavy-algorithmic applications, and am at the moment seeking a
> flexible and powerful way to glue these applications together, along
> with some GUI front-end. I read a few introductory articles about the
> Python and JPython languages that seem to provide a tremendous
> flexibility and a vast library panel.

> I have heard that the new versions of Python had integrated some
> concepts taken from functional programming, and I would be interested
> in having a few pointers to these topics.

See <http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-prog.html>.

Cheers,
Simon Brunning
TriSystems Ltd.

Sat, 13 Dec 2003 20:37:34 GMT

1. functional.py 0.6 - Functional Programming in Python

2. functional.py 0.7 - Functional programming in Python

3. functional.py - functional programming in Python

4. functional.py 0.7 - Functional programming in Python

5. functional.py 0.6 - Functional Programming in Python

6. functional.py - functional programming in Python

7. Good introduction to functional programming with Python?

8. Stackless Python, Tail Recursion and Functional Programming

9. US PhD programs strong on functional programming?

10. Calling a python program within a python program

11. ICFP Functional Programming Contest