redemo won't close on me
Author Message
 redemo won't close on me

Hi Gang,

I've experienced a problem with ActivePython 2.1 running on WindowsME <<gag me
with a spoon>> wherein it won't close the python interpreter window when I run
"redemo.py" (which is a Tkinter app); the only thing I can do is pull the plug.

I haven't had a chance to experiment with this to pin it down as being an
ActivePython problem, a 2.1 problem, a Tkinter problem, a WindowsME problem
<<round up the usual suspects>> or a redemo.py problem, but I _have_ run
redemo.py successfully on other combinations of Python version, Python
distribution, and OS.

Has anybody else run into this problem?  What's the cure (besides switching
OS'es...)?

bill-gates'-fiendish-plan-not-to-put-usb-support-into-nt
   -snags-yet-another-poor-dumb-sucker-ly y'rs,

=g2

Publisher of dspGuru                           http://www.*-*-*.com/
Iowegian International Corporation             http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 19 Nov 2003 01:30:27 GMT

1. mdi app not closing down, some threads just won't close #2

2. 2nd window in handcode module won't close

3. excel won't close

4. Why won't VB ActiveX exe shutdown after using Automation close in Labview

5. tcl-dp confuses expect's close call with builtin close

6. Need to Declare a QuickTime function on Win, but dunno which's Win QT DLL

7. active x made on win95 won't run on win 2000/xp

8. Image viewing program won't work on Win NT

9. Realia 4.x programs won't run on Win 2000 RC2

10. Realia 4.x programs won't run on Win 2000 RC2

11. uncaught TypeError exception in re module or redemo.py

12. Using Win API to close Windows