Provide an option: static typing + type inference ?
Author Message
 Provide an option: static typing + type inference ?

In theory, dynamic typing = static typing + type inference.
ML implemented the later one. Can we provide something similar in Python?
I knew this topic was discussed two years ago in type SIG. Is there any new
achivement in this area recently?

--
Yan Weng

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 26 Nov 2005 15:00:14 GMT

1. Smalltalk type annotation or type inference engine ?

2. Strongly-Typed Languages and type inference

3. Types, types: static vs. dynamic -- classification

4. Types, types: static vs. dynamic --

5. Types, types: static vs. dynamic -- classification

6. x/0 as a type error [Extremely static typing]

7. opacity and static typing (Re: Type checkers for scheme)

8. Types, types: static vs. dynamic -- classification

9. Flying With Python (Strong versus Weak Typing) [actually, Static vs Dynamic typing]

10. Type Inference Useful

11. Thesis avail: Concrete type inference: delivering OO applications