instalation problem
Author Message
 instalation problem

Hi,
I'm having some problems with python instalation in an AIX 4.1.4
machine. Probably it is a simple mistake.

I've compiled Python with CSet, following all the instalations
instructions.
Installed it and this is working fine.

The problem happens when I've tried to install the compiled python in
another machine that doesn't have the CSet compiler (it just has the
compiler run-time and libs). I've exported python install directory and
typed "make install", everything seens to run fine. I import testall.py
and receive the message "passed all tests), but when I load some libs,
as urllib, I get a memory fault.

Have I to put anything extra in the second machine?

Please also post the answer to my email. My news server doesn't work
well.

Thanks in advance,
--
Paulo Eduardo Neves

Pager-> Central:(021)532-4499  Cod.:213 99 64

Tue, 15 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 instalation problem

Quote:

> Hi,
> I'm having some problems with python instalation in an AIX 4.1.4
> machine. Probably it is a simple mistake.

> Have I to put anything extra in the second machine?

No, as far as your machine runs AIX 4.1.4 and up.
I guess something is missing in your second AIX box.
If the problem persists, you can get the precompiled
version of Python 1.4 for AIX from ftp.python.org:

ftp://ftp.python.org/pub/python/binaries-1.4/

Sat, 19 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. CW 20 SE Instalation problem

2. Eiffel instalation problem

3. gnat307 instalation problem

4. Visual Prolog instalation problem!!!

5. Font problem & instalation

6. Problem with instalation

7. Wise Instalation Program News Service

8. Updating instalation/uninstalling LabView 6.0.2 on Windows 98

9. Help with Windex instalation

10. BIOS PnP Instalation Check - Please HELP !

11. win32-php-cgi instalation question

12. Dolphin 5 Instalation on Windows 2000 with Admin causes error...