changing unix password via www python script
Author Message
 changing unix password via www python script

Quote:

>> How to change unix account password by python script?
>> I want to write www script, controled by form.

>Its clumsy and trouble prone, but what I did was use one of the expect
>modules (PyExpect?- can't remember for sure), and telnetted to localhost

It depends on what platform, but on Linux you can simply feed the data
to "passwd --stdin username".  At one point (before the --stdin patch
was available) I hacked the source code to "passwd" so that I could
do something like: "echo user:oldpass:newpass | pwweb" and it would do
all the appropriate checking and return a success or failure string.

Sean
--
 I keep just enough vi knowledge in my head so that I can edit a Makefile
 and build Emacs.  -- Tony Foiani, 1999

Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:28:56 GMT

1. changing unix password via www python script

2. changing unix password with python

3. Scripted telnet sessions via gopher or www?

4. Changing Unix passwords from REXX

5. Changing UNIX password from WinNT/95 client

6. Expect script that automates password changes

7. scripts to change passwords...

8. Expect Script to Change Password

9. Python source tree accessible via WWW

10. ANNOUNCE: www.python.org mirror on www.python.net

11. Change NT password with Python

12. Uploading forms+files via Python script -- no luck