newbie question : Config Script for Python (similar to what Perl Diver does for Perl and the output of the phpinfo() handler does for PHP) ?
Author Message
 newbie question : Config Script for Python (similar to what Perl Diver does for Perl and the output of the phpinfo() handler does for PHP) ?

Hi,

    I'm a complete and utter python newbie.  After a lot of searching, I
found a hosting provider with a decent package who also happened to support
Python (I'm pretty sure that it came with their linux distro, since they
warned me that while it was installed, they would be able to provide no
support). They could only tell me that it's v 1.5.2 (old) and had no clue
which modules were installed or anything else.

My question is - is there anything in Python itself equivalent to the
phpinfo() handler in PHP?  If you call phpinfo in a php script/page, it will
kick out a complete run-down of the php config of the machine on which the
script is running.  To accomplish the same thing in Perl, everyone uses the
famous "Perl Diver" script.  If there's nothing like a pythoninfo()
function, is there a "Python Diver" - type of script that's available?

[I've looked in the Python manual and faq, perused some script archives, and
searched on Google without finding anything like this]

Sorry if I overlooked something obvious.

Thanks,
brian

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:51:26 GMT

1. newbie questions (Python vs. Perl)

2. NEWBIE question:Python or perl?

3. Newbie Question: Shell-like Scripting in Python?

4. newbie question: spawning a process from python script unte

5. newbie question: spawning a process from python script unter NT

6. Newbie Question: Aborting a Python script

7. config for Python as the IIS hosted ASP script Lang

8. Newbie question: config file?

9. Python and Perl (was: converting perl to python)

10. Still doing python scripting.

11. Any one doing the similar thing?