ANN: editable Python To-DO List now live at www.python.org
Author Message
 ANN: editable Python To-DO List now live at www.python.org

Quote:

>>        If I may suggest there is a small error in this information.
>> There is a TODO list, and it is very nice. But it is _not_ editable
>> by the general public. A password is required, and you have to be
>> a member of the PSA to be told it.

>Nope.  The password field should be left blank.  There.  Now you know the
>secret password.

        Thanks! Only, when I tried to use it, I couldn't seem to make
an entry. I did leave the password field blank. There's no 'submit'
button. Or do I misundestand? Did my entry get posted??

Quote:
>It's the FAQ wizard which requires a password.  The TODO list is free for
>all (until it's abused, at which point it will require a password).

        Yes. It's a risk. Probably, not so much 'abuse' as overeager
contribution. (By people like me :-(

                http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~skaller
                phone: 61-2-96600850
                snail: 10/1 Toxteth Rd, Glebe NSW 2037, Australia

Wed, 10 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ANN: editable Python To-DO List now live at www.python.org
[about the python To-DO List]

[John Skaller]

> when I tried to use it, I couldn't seem to make an entry. I did
> leave the password field blank. There's no 'submit' button. Or do
> I misundestand? Did my entry get posted??

It won't let you submit before you hit the "Preview" button, and even then
it won't let you submit before you fill in everything (including the "log
message" field, but not the password <wink>).  Persist with filling in
fields and hitting Preview often enough, and eventually a "submit" (or
"commit" -- can't recall) button will appear (somewhere on the page, & maybe
not where you're looking for it -- it shows up in place of the line that
tells you to fill in all the fields).

easy-to-do-the-second-time<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim

Wed, 10 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ANN: editable Python To-DO List now live at www.python.org

Quote:
>[about the Python To-DO List]

>[John Skaller]
>It won't let you submit before you hit the "Preview" button, and even then
[]

>easy-to-do-the-second-time<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim

        Thanking-you-in-ant-sipitation.

                http://www.maxtal.com.au/~skaller
                phone: 61-2-96600850
                snail: 10/1 Toxteth Rd, Glebe NSW 2037, Australia

Thu, 11 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ANN: editable Python To-DO List now live at www.python.org

Quote:
> [Tim, who came by his Pythonic Award honestly...]

> PS:  I say everyone should earn a vial of "Snake Venom" for each
> problem/question they help solve/answer on the newsgroup.  Then they can go
> to the todo list and "inject" as much venom as they like into the todos of
> their choice.  Guido can detoxify (earn) the venom infesting a todo by
> implementing it, and CNRI will henceforth only pay him in exchange for
> detoxified venom, at an adjustable exchange rate to be determined by
> periodic newsgroup vote.  Now could I force the use of a password by posting
> *that* as a todo <wink>?

Har, har!!  Tim, I hope you're a manager with great motivational
ideas like this one.  I'd hate to see that talent wasting away just
writing actual products.  You don't have pointy hair, by any chance,
do you?

sue

Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANN: editable Python To-DO List now live at www.python.org

2. New editable Python TO-DO List at www.python.org

3. ANNOUNCE: www.python.org mirror on www.python.net

4. Suggestion for download of Python 2 from www.python.org

5. Python Homepage www.python.org

6. ANN: Python User Groups page at python.org

7. ANN: Python User Groups page at python.org

8. ANNOUNCE Take 2: python-win32 mailing list on mail.python.org

9. python-list@python.org

10. #define python-list@python.org '#define'

11. ANNOUNCE Take 2: python-win32 mailing list on mail.python.org

12. python-list@python.org Removed