changing unix password via www python script
Author Message
 changing unix password via www python script

Hello!
How to change unix account password by python script?
I want to write www script, controled by form.

Yours
QdlatY

Wed, 02 Jul 2003 04:07:59 GMT
 changing unix password via www python script

Quote:

> How to change unix account password by python script?
> I want to write www script, controled by form.

Its clumsy and trouble prone, but what I did was use one of the expect
modules (PyExpect?- can't remember for sure), and telnetted to localhost
and executed the password command.  This was in a Solaris environment,
where the passwd program refused to deal with input from a pipe.

I'm open to better ways.

--
Andrew I MacIntyre                     "These thoughts are mine alone..."

Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:04:36 GMT

1. changing unix password via www python script

2. changing unix password with python

3. Scripted telnet sessions via gopher or www?

4. Changing Unix passwords from REXX

5. Changing UNIX password from WinNT/95 client

6. Expect script that automates password changes

7. scripts to change passwords...

8. Expect Script to Change Password

9. Python source tree accessible via WWW

10. ANNOUNCE: www.python.org mirror on www.python.net

11. Change NT password with Python

12. Uploading forms+files via Python script -- no luck