[development doc updates]
Author Message
 [development doc updates]

The development version of the documentation has been updated:

        http://www.*-*-*.com/

Incremental update for development version of python (2.2).

Mostly small updates, but I've worked on new markup for grammar
productions used in the Reference Manual.  Currently, only the lexical
productions in Chapter 2 of the manual have been converted to the new
markup and layout.  Please take a look and send comments to

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

The changes needed to implement the markup have not been checked in
yet, and there are some bugs in the implementation (both for HTML and
PDF), but this should make the productions easier to navigate.

I've tested the HTML version on Linux only with Mozilla 0.9, Opera
5.0b8, and Netscape Navigator 4.77.  Navigator is definately lagging
behind in CSS support!

Also added Michel Pelletier's documentation for the HTMLParser module,
with some small changes.

Sun, 16 Nov 2003 13:31:01 GMT
 [development doc updates]
On Wed, 30 May 2001 01:31:01 -0400 (EDT),

Quote:

>The development version of the documentation has been updated:

>    http://python.sourceforge.net/devel-docs/

>Incremental update for development version of Python (2.2).

>Mostly small updates, but I've worked on new markup for grammar

<SNIP>
A little off the topic, but worth checking on.

I've been trying to work my way through the Extending and Embedding
section of the docs, and one thing that I did notice is that most (if
not all) of the references to linking the libraries refer to linking
the python 1.5 libs rather than pyhon 2.1 libs.

Just thought someone should know about it.

--
Nomad.

Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:57:44 GMT
 [development doc updates]
The development version of the documentation has been updated:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Update for development version of Python (2.2).

This update substantially re-works the prototype support for
productions of a formal grammar.  They look better, support forward
references to symbol definitions, and allow download of an all-text
version of the complete grammar (with productions ordered the same way
as they are in the documentation sources).

"Documeting Python" now includes documentation for the{*filter*}markup
used to describe productions:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 17 Nov 2003 05:51:22 GMT

1. [Doc-SIG] [development doc updates]