Printable time
Author Message
 Printable time

Is there a more succinct way of getting the current local time as text than:

time.strftime('<format>', time.localtime(time.time()))

?
Thanks
--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Out-Think Ltd

Fri, 23 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Printable time

Quote:

> Is there a more succinct way of getting the current local time as text than:
> time.strftime('<format>', time.localtime(time.time()))

time.ctime(time.time())

cg.

Fri, 23 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Printable time

Quote:
> Is there a more succinct way of getting the current local time as text
than:

> time.strftime('<format>', time.localtime(time.time()))

time.ctime(time.time())

will do, but you get no control over the format -- you do need strftime
if applying a format of your choosing is important, I think.

Alex

Fri, 23 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Printable time

Quote:

>> Is there a more succinct way of getting the current local time as text than:
>> time.strftime('<format>', time.localtime(time.time()))

>time.ctime(time.time())

>cg.

Thanks.

It's always struck me as a bit strange that none of the time functions will use the current time as
a default if none is specified.

--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Out-Think Ltd
Business Technology Consultants

Fri, 23 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. text widget's printable and non-printable characters

2. IWebBrowser and non-printable characters

3. Non-printable characters

4. Testing if a character is printable.

5. Can AWK filter non-printable characters?

6. Found how to calculate printable area

7. Looking for a routine to filter non-printable and symbol characters from a text file

8. Quoted-Printable

9. (printable) Coco.Report PLEASE

10. Reading in hexa (non-printable) with Rexx

11. Printable Graphics in OS/2 REXX?

12. printable doku or tutorial