Kalman Filters, Particle Filters and SVM's
Author Message
 Kalman Filters, Particle Filters and SVM's

Are there any implementations of Kalman Filters, Particle Filters or
Support Vector Machines in (Numerical) python ?

Especially the latter would be fine, I'm dreaming to implement a SVM
based script with the capability to distinguish spam from personal
mails.... but I'm way to lazy to write my own SVM.

Johannes

Johannes Nix

AG Medizinische Physik       Fax +441 798-3902
Universit?t Oldenburg        Tel +441 798-3270
26111 Oldenburg

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 16:57:49 GMT
 Kalman Filters, Particle Filters and SVM's
Heres a filter that will get of nearly 100% of your spam.

if 'not sent only to me' or 'body contains my email address' or 'body
contains "click here"' then delete with prejudice.

BCC is the root of all spam. Servers should reject BCC email. An
efficient implimentation of BCC allows spam at cost O(1). Reject BCC
and the cost becomes O(N).

Quote:

> Are there any implementations of Kalman Filters, Particle Filters or
> Support Vector Machines in (Numerical) Python ?

> Especially the latter would be fine, I'm dreaming to implement a SVM
> based script with the capability to distinguish spam from personal
> mails.... but I'm way to lazy to write my own SVM.

> Johannes

> --
> Johannes Nix

> AG Medizinische Physik       Fax +441 798-3902
> Universit?t Oldenburg        Tel +441 798-3270
> 26111 Oldenburg

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 01:57:43 GMT
 Kalman Filters, Particle Filters and SVM's

Quote:
> Support Vector Machines in (Numerical) Python ?

> Especially the latter would be fine, I'm dreaming to implement a SVM
> based script with the capability to distinguish spam from personal
> mails.... but I'm way to lazy to write my own SVM.

Here's a couple of alternatives:

- python SVM using orange machine learning framework (Aleks Jakulin)
  http://ai.fri.uni-lj.si/~aleks/orng/

or

- you can use jython and tap the Java Weka Machine Learning Framework
  which also has an SVM implementation
  http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/ml/weka/

This is fun stuff... enjoy!

Sandy Norton

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 02:24:12 GMT
 Kalman Filters, Particle Filters and SVM's

Quote:

>Are there any implementations of Kalman Filters, Particle Filters or
>Support Vector Machines in (Numerical) Python ?

LIBSVM has Python hooks.

(google find it for you)

Quote:
>Especially the latter would be fine, I'm dreaming to implement a SVM
>based script with the capability to distinguish spam from personal
>mails.... but I'm way to lazy to write my own SVM.

>Johannes

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--

\_ Tuesday, June 04, 2002 \_ Powered by Linux RedHat 7.2 \_
\_ "Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark." \_

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 03:38:05 GMT

1. Kalman Filter code?

2. Kalman Filtering?

3. Kalman filter in LabVIEW

4. Kalman filter in Labview

5. Kalman filter Package?

6. Kalman filtering

7. OT:References for Kalman Filtering

8. Looking for Kalman Filter code

9. Kalman filter code?

10. Kalman filter short course - looking for suggestions/leads

11. KALMAN FILTER FORTRAN CODES........HELP

12. Re.: DU Decomposition (for Kalman Filter)