I18N Toolkit
Author Message
 I18N Toolkit

Quote:
> I don't think that will be a problem, given that the Unicode engine
> would be a separate C implementation.  A bit of 'if type(strg) ==
> UnicodeType' in re.py isn't going to cost very much speed.

a slightly hairer design issue is what combinations
of pattern and string the new 're' will handle.

the first two are obvious:

    ordinary pattern, ordinary string
    unicode pattern, unicode string

but what about these?

    ordinary pattern, unicode string
    unicode pattern, ordinary string

"coercing" patterns (i.e. recompiling, on demand)
seem to be a somewhat risky business ;-)

</F>

Sun, 28 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 I18N Toolkit

Quote:

> a slightly hairer design issue is what combinations
> of pattern and string the new 're' will handle.

and posted it to the wrong list.  sorry for
the confusion.

</F>

Sun, 28 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. I18N and Composite Characters

2. LOGO-L> Logo and i18n

3. Speaking of I18N...

4. Message catalogs (I18N) overnight hack...

5. Message catalogs (I18N) overnight hack

6. i18n (was Re: Andy Roonie)

7. Help with i18n and RDoc, please....

8. FW: [ruby-dev:11339] Re: Ruby I18N

9. Ada and i18n