Remote Python Debugger
Author Message
 Remote Python Debugger

Has anyone implemented a Graphical Remote python De{*filter*}?

Here is the situation I have: I am running Python on an embedded system. We
have remote command line access, so we could use the built-in PDB de{*filter*}
to step through our code, but we want to provide a graphical edit/debug
facility through our remote monitoring software, the trick being that the
graphical facility runs on one computer (in your office) and the actual
python interpreter runs on an embedded controller somewhere, connected only
through either a socket connection, or a direct serial cable link.

Warren

Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:57:30 GMT
 Remote Python Debugger

Quote:
> Has anyone implemented a Graphical Remote Python De{*filter*}? [snip]

You might investigate the remote de{*filter*} that the Archaeopteryx folks
have implemented in their commercial IDE Wings: <archaeopteryx.com>.
--
Chris Ryland * Em Software, Inc. * www.emsoftware.com

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 05 Jul 2003 06:01:33 GMT

1. ANN: HAP Python Remote Debugger 0.2 Released

2. using python debugger (pdb) inside emacs debugger mode ...

3. Remote debugger, request for opinions

4. Launching Python debugger from embedded Python

5. Make a remote panel file dialog open remote directory

6. how to make a remote panel file dialog open remote directory from any computer

7. PYRO 0.6 (Python Remote Objects)

8. Remote Access Python Interpreter using Telnet

9. Remote script execution with Python ...

10. Remote install of Python on Windows NT

11. Embedded COM using Python + Remote OLE Automation?

12. How can I debug remote Python programmes?