Using os.system and os.popen from pythonwin under Windows NT
Author Message
 Using os.system and os.popen from pythonwin under Windows NT

I'm sure I'm missing some really trivial python/windows thing here.  I
have a .exe executable which runs fine when called in the Command Prompt
window (it doesn't return anything - just writes its results in a file).

But when I attempt to invoke the thing from pythonwin using
os.popen(<command>), I get

  Traceback (innermost last):
  OSError: (0, 'Error')

(I thought the "0" value indicated *no error* which just shows how
confused I've become.)

Meanwhile, if I try invoking the same program using
os.system(<command>), it flashes what looks like it might be a shell
window, and then dies returning error code 1.

Thanks in advance for any ideas,

   - Randy

Mon, 26 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using os.popen on Windows NT with spaces in the command

2. os.popen() vs os.system()

3. os.system/os.popen ultrasparc

4. Blocking ctrl-c to os.popen() or os.system()

5. os.popen() and (IDLE, PythonWin) ?

6. unexpected os.system behavior on windows NT

7. os.system limitations on Windows NT

8. os.popen under Win32 Using Apache

9. Using os.popen with other python scripts

10. Problem using os.popen to execute UNIX commands

11. os.system() or os.execv() w/stdout redirect and PID tracking

12. Q:Using REXX under OS/2 how can you change an OS/2 window size