Problem Building Python2.1 on RedHat 7.1
Author Message
 Problem Building Python2.1 on RedHat 7.1

I built python 2.1 for my RH 7.1 laptop just fine back in April using the
src rpm from tummy.com.  Last night I spent HOURS building/rebuilding it on
my RH 7.1 desktop and am having a very strange problem.  Here is the
traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./chkexport.py", line 52, in ?
    shelf = shelve.open(sys.argv[1])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/shelve.py", line 158, in open
    return DbfilenameShelf(filename, flag)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/shelve.py", line 148, in __init__
    Shelf.__init__(self, anydbm.open(filename, flag))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/anydbm.py", line 85, in open
    mod = __import__(result)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/dbhash.py", line 5, in ?
    import bsddb
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.1/lib-dynload/bsddb.so: undefined symbol:
dbopen

Somehow bsddb.so is getting built without any linkage to libdb.so.2.Anyone
have any idea what may be causing the problem?  The only difference between
April and now are the installation of RedHat errata.

Thanks,
Coy

Wed, 12 Nov 2003 01:28:57 GMT
 Problem Building Python2.1 on RedHat 7.1

Quote:

>Somehow bsddb.so is getting built without any linkage to libdb.so.2.Anyone
>have any idea what may be causing the problem?  The only difference between
>April and now are the installation of RedHat errata.

I know this is kind of late -- I mostly am skimming the group these days
looking for RPM-specific issues.  The RPMs for 7.0 that are up on the web
site should work find for a 7.1 system.  The latest binary RPMs are, I
believe, ones I built on my 7.1 system, actually.

I haven't seen or heard reports of the problem you mention.

Sean
--
 The "PEANUTS" gang finds their first root-kit in "YOU'RE AN 3L33T H4CK3R
 NOW, CHARLIE BROWN".

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 14:51:08 GMT

1. python2.1 install problem on redhat 7.1

2. Built GCL 2.4.0 on RedHat 7.1?

3. Freezing problem with shared libraries in python2.0 under RedHatLinux 7.1

4. Problem installing Python2.1 on RH 7.1

5. RH 7.1/Fail upgrading to Python2: Why?

6. no RHL 7.1 RPMs for python2.1

7. NASM broken in RedHat 7.1?

8. Large files in Fortran with Redhat 7.1

9. Compiling using the Fortran NAG library under Linux RedHat 7.1

10. Lahey F95 in RedHat 7.1 Linux

11. redhat 7.1 linux upgrade of Python 1.52 to 2.0

12. LF95 and PGF77 in RedHat 7.1