Compiling Python for Solaris 2.4
Author Message
 Compiling Python for Solaris 2.4

Hi :

I am trying to compile python 1.3 on a Sparc with Solaris 2.4. The
makefile uses ranlib although that command does not exist in Solaris...

Does anyone have any tips/hints on how to compile Python?

My next step would be to include the --threads option, but I assume I
need some library (developed by Sjoerd ???)

Any help is appreciated!

-

  Ir. Casper B. Stoel                   Alternative System Concepts Inc.

  URL  : http://www.*-*-*.com/     tel (603) 437-2234 fax (603) 437-2722

Fri, 22 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Compiling Python for Solaris 2.4

Your configure script should recognize the fact that ranlib doesn't
exist for Solaris.

Regards,

David

Sun, 24 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Compiling Python for Solaris 2.4

 CS> Hi : I am trying to compile python 1.3 on a Sparc with Solaris 2.4. The
 CS> makefile uses ranlib although that command does not exist in Solaris...

 CS> Does anyone have any tips/hints on how to compile Python?

`ranlib' can be replaced by `ar s', I believe.

 CS> My next step would be to include the --threads option, but I assume I
 CS> need some library (developed by Sjoerd ???)

You only need the thread module (modify Modules/Setup, which has to be created
from Modules/Setup.in)

--
Eric Daniel

        Dept. of Electrical Engineering
        Texas A&M University
        College Station TX 77843-0001

Mon, 25 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help sought for compiling Python 1.4 on Solaris 2.4 with gcc 2.7.2

2. Can't compile gforth-0.3.0 on Sparc Solaris 2.4

3. Compiling Fortran on Solaris 2.5 for 2.4

4. Compiling cprolog on Solaris 2.4 ?

5. compiling tcl/tk on Solaris 2.4 x86

6. Compiling Tcl/Tk 8.0 on Sun Solaris 2.4

7. Compiling on Solaris 2.4

8. Compiling under Solaris 2.4

9. Tk4.1 compile on Solaris 2.4 with gcc 2.7.2 failing

10. Problem compiling Tcl7.5 on Solaris 2.4

11. problems compiling tcl7.4/.5 on Solaris 2.4 (ranlib not found)

12. Compiling TCL 7.5a2 on SUN Netra running Solaris 2.4