Newbie w IDE Issues (win32)
Author Message
 Newbie w IDE Issues (win32)

I am trying to settle on the best way to work on multi-module projects
in Python. In other IDEs for C and CL, after editing any number of
separate text files I can with one keystroke:

    save all open files
    recompile all and only changed files
    run the project

With IDLE (hopefully needlessly):

   for each changed file other than the 'main' one:
      save it
      run it (^F5) [side question below]

   find the module I consider main
   save it
   run it

1. main question: is there a better way with IDLE? Or.. I saw the
various IDEs in the vaults, any recommendations? Oddly, after /years/ of
  doing Lisp I still have not gotten into emacs, and want to defer that
a while longer.

2. side question: IIANM, I cannot just save a module. I guess the import
picks up the old .pyc?

FWIW, all in all, IDLE is serving nicely.

--

  kenny tilton
  clinisys, inc

Thu, 12 May 2005 04:47:42 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: CodeMagic Universal IDE for Win32 (Free Perl IDE)

2. Warning! Newbie issue - Impersonating a user on Win32

3. Haskell IDE for Win32

4. Good Win32 assembler IDE?

5. Win32 IDE

6. IDE for Win32?

7. win32 IDE

8. Absoft Fortran IDE for Win32

9. Looking for ATA/IDE driver/wrapper for Python/Win32

10. Win32 support issues

11. And another Win32 issue