Q:wpy - multiple frames within main frame
Author Message
 Q:wpy - multiple frames within main frame

I want to use multiple frames within one main frame using wpy.
In detail I want to have a main frame with two list boxes above each other
and above the list boxes a canvas where I can display some bar graphs.
The canvas should be at least horizontal scrollable. To build this
application using Tk is simple but I did not found any way to do it
using wpy (at the end the app should run on WinNT). Somebody could help?

--
                                Steffen Ullrich

                                http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 04 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Q:wpy - multiple frames within main frame

Quote:

>I want to use multiple frames within one main frame using wpy.

If you really want multiple windows each showing a document, you need
the MDI model.  Use a MDI template in your InitInstance().  See
demo05.py for a model.  Run it to see if that is what you want.

Quote:
>In detail I want to have a main frame with two list boxes above each other
>and above the list boxes a canvas where I can display some bar graphs.
>The canvas should be at least horizontal scrollable. To build this
>application using Tk is simple but I did not found any way to do it
>using wpy (at the end the app should run on WinNT). Somebody could help?

That sounds like a single window with fixed list boxes and a scrollable
sub-window. That would require a child window which is not yet
available in wpy.  Complain to the author (me!) if you need that.

Jim

Sat, 05 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Q:wpy - multiple frames within main frame

  >I want to use multiple frames within one main frame using wpy.
  >In detail I want to have a main frame with two list boxes above each other
  >and above the list boxes a canvas where I can display some bar graphs.
  >The canvas should be at least horizontal scrollable. To build this
  >application using Tk is simple but I did not found any way to do it
  >using wpy (at the end the app should run on WinNT). Somebody could help?

It looks like I have to point more detailed to my problem:
I can create the list boxes ( they come with it's own frame ) but I don't know
how to add a scrollable canvas for the bar graphs. Any help welcome..

--
                                Steffen Ullrich

                                http://www.xensei.com/users/ccrlphr/

Sat, 05 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Q:wpy - multiple frames within main frame

Quote:

>I want to use multiple frames within one main frame using wpy.
>In detail I want to have a main frame with two list boxes above each other
>and above the list boxes a canvas where I can display some bar graphs.
>The canvas should be at least horizontal scrollable. To build this
>application using Tk is simple but I did not found any way to do it
>using wpy (at the end the app should run on WinNT). Somebody could help?

>--
>                            Steffen Ullrich

>                            http://www.xensei.com/users/ccrlphr/

We cannot give you a complete answer, as we are investigating too ;-)
However, we have solved some of the problems you raised and we are
now running a wpy application with :
- A multiple frame window
- A scrolllist (and menus, buttons ...) in each CScrollView started from
  the main frame
- We didn't find out how to manage (destroy, modify...) the scroll list
  after its display. So, we have to destroy the CScrollView and start a
  new one ! (any clue around ?)

Here's some code from sebastien Hernandez (seb), one of our graduates -
French comments are NOT translated... have fun... But I guess you won't have
too much trouble ;)

*** [1] Multi frame declaration

# ----- Declaration de My_app ----------------------------------------
#       definition du multi-frame

class My_app(CWinApp):
        def InitInstance(self):
                templ = CMultiDocTemplate(CDocument, CMDIChildWnd, My_view,
                                             My_menu)
                templ.wpyText = "Outils de traitement"
                self.AddDocTemplate(templ)
                main_frame = CMDIFrameWnd()
                main_frame.wpyStatusLine = CStatusBar(self, "OUTILS PRINCIPAUX")
                #--- Menu quand aucun Frame existe:
                main_frame.wpyMenu =  My_menu()
                main_frame.Create()
                self.FileNew()

# ----- Declaration de My_view ---------------------------------------
#       vue principale
class My_view(CScrollView):
        def OnCreate(self, event):
         #--- fonctionnalite du bouton 'Affichage':
         #    bouton de creation de la CListBox dans la CScrollView
        def OnMenuAffichageAffichage(self, control):
                # la fonction affliste affiche une liste formatee, triee...
                # dans une CListBox
                affliste(self,self.HNEW1,self.C1,self.ff1,xmax,ymax+5,xmax1)

*** [2] Put a list into a clist box

#--- fonction   'affliste':
#--- fonction d'affichage d'une liste dans une CListBox,
#    au format desire: (elle s'applique a une liste triee)
def affliste1(self,l,F,llt,xmax0,ymax0,xm1):
        lp = []
        for k in finale1(self,l,F):
                  t = llt %tuple(k)
                  lp.append(t)
        xf_slistlist2(self,["V2.2",lp,None],xmax0,ymax0,xm1,self.nbrligne)

#--- Generic listbox (!) function
#
def xf_slistlist2(slf,l,xdelta,ydelta,xm,linenum):
        s = slf.listbox = CListBox(slf, l[0], l[1], 0)
        s.wpySizeX = xm
        s.wpySizeY = s.wpyLineHeight * linenum
        s.wpyLocX = xdelta
        s.wpyLocY = ydelta
        s.Create()
        slf.listbhight = s.wpySizeY
        if l[2] == None: s.SetCurSel(-1)
        else:            s.SetCurSel(s.wpyListBoxItems.index(l[2]))

--- We hope this help

Marcvs [alias Not the author, but the postmaster...]

Sat, 05 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. links in html-frame affecting vrml-frame

2. Java in frame can't get instance of Java EAI + VRML in another frame

3. Movietexture Frame by Frame control

4. resources for vtcl - hide frames and display new frames

5. How do I pack things in a frame in a toplevel frame

6. Removing widgets from frames, why frames don't resize to 0x0

7. Main Frames

8. Main Frames

9. help needed - main frame disapeared in windows formatter ?

10. Use walpaper in main frame window APP ???

11. Minimize button on Main App Frame

12. Disable ToolBar and Main Frame Menu Items...