Windows 95/98: Python uses console, not stdio
Author Message
 Windows 95/98: Python uses console, not stdio

I am unable to run python in a shell window in emacs on Windows
95/98. I use the bash shell, but don't think this makes any
difference.

If Python reads/writes from/to console, not stdio, this would be an
explanation.

If my guess is right, would it be possible to switch to using stdio?

Jon

Sun, 25 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows 95/98: Python uses console, not stdio

Quote:
Jon K Hellan writes:
> I am unable to run Python in a shell window in emacs on Windows
> 95/98. I use the bash shell, but don't think this makes any
> difference.

> If Python reads/writes from/to console, not stdio, this would be an
> explanation.

But it doesn't. On Windows, stdio (and the whole c runtime lib) is a
compatibility layer. NT achieves the best compatibility, though
it still requires workarounds and has a few doesn't-work-at-alls. The
number of the latter increases on Win95/98. This is probably related
to a known Win95 bug that prevents piping from working.

- Gordon

Sun, 25 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Embedding Python in Windows 95/98/NT

2. 5.2 Network application works with 95, does not work with 98

3. stdio in Windows 95

4. Very elementary help in using Python on Windows 98

5. Install Clipper 5.3 at Windows'95/98

6. Mouse doesn't work with Windows 95/98

7. Clipper Debugger Fails In Windows 95 or 98 DOS Box

8. clipper 5.2 and windows 98/95

9. how to Cut and paste with clipper to windows 95 or 98

10. Clipper development for Windows 95, 98 & NT

11. Writing Windows 95/98 applications in Clipper

12. BOOTGUI with Windows'95/98