what happened to wxpython.org/wxwindows.org?
Author Message
 what happened to wxpython.org/wxwindows.org?

It's all in the subject... I have been unable to resolve the addresses
for a couple of days now. Does anyone know what's going on?

Ph.D. Student                                              (847)491-8470
IEMS - Northwestern University               http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~leo

Mon, 17 Feb 2003 22:02:48 GMT
 what happened to wxpython.org/wxwindows.org?
I don't know, but their news server is also gone.

The website for SciTech (who hosts these servers I think) is working.

Tom.

Quote:
> It's all in the subject... I have been unable to resolve the addresses
> for a couple of days now. Does anyone know what's going on?
> --

> Ph.D. Student                                              (847)491-8470
> IEMS - Northwestern University              http://www.iems.nwu.edu/~leo

Mon, 17 Feb 2003 23:01:51 GMT
 what happened to wxpython.org/wxwindows.org?

Quote:
> I don't know, but their news server is also gone.

> The website for SciTech (who hosts these servers I think) is working.

Actually it's SourceGear, but we're going to be moving to SourceForge
soon with probably some mirrors at SunSITE.dk.

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman

http://wxpython.org     Java give you jitters?
http://wxpros.com        Relax with wxPython!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 19 Feb 2003 02:04:22 GMT
 what happened to wxpython.org/wxwindows.org?

Quote:
> It's all in the subject... I have been unable to resolve the addresses
> for a couple of days now. Does anyone know what's going on?

There was network routing problems getting to the primary and
secondary DNS servers for the domains so when other DNS servers tried to
resolve the names they timed out trying to reach the authorities.

They're reachable now but still seem to be having problems so be
patient.  I'm in the process of switching to a 3rd party DNS service
that will hopefully be a bit more robust since their primary and
secondary are on separate subnets...

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman

http://wxpython.org     Java give you jitters?
http://wxpros.com        Relax with wxPython!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 19 Feb 2003 02:02:40 GMT

1. xml.smalltalk.org, mod.smalltalk.org and camp.smalltalk.org DNS problems resolved

2. xml.smalltalk.org and mod.smalltalk.org

3. new host at ruby-lang.org (or rubyist.org)

4. www.lisp.org and www.alu.org now point to ALU web site

5. What happened to www.squeak.org ?

6. What happened to STIC.ORG...

7. What happened to schemers.org?

8. Netlib.org - What Happened

9. What's happened to www.python.org?

10. ANN: wxDesigner 1.2, commercial RAD tool for wxWindows and wxPython

11. ANN: wxDesigner 1.1, commercial RAD tool for wxWindows and wxPython

12. wxDesigner: Commercial dialog editor for wxWindows and wxPython