os.popen under Win32 Using Apache
Author Message
 os.popen under Win32 Using Apache

Hit there

I have a problem when I try to use os.popen() in a cgi with Apache,
under Win32.

It works in command-line mode, but don't work through Apache.

Any idea ?

Thanks.

--
Nicolas Lonard
Tl : (33) 06-61-40-30-31

Mon, 01 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 os.popen under Win32 Using Apache
http://www.python.org/doc/FAQ.html#7.13

Should help you out.

Bill

> I have a problem when I try to use os.popen() in a cgi with Apache,
> under Win32.

> It works in command-line mode, but don't work through Apache.

> Any idea ?

> Thanks.

> --
> Nicolas Lonard
> Tl : (33) 06-61-40-30-31

> --

Mon, 01 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 os.popen under Win32 Using Apache
I came across some reference indicating that popen does not work in all
conditions under win32.  I believe Mark Hammond includes popen2 in the
win32all package that is supposed to replace popen under Windows.  I would
check Python's windows page for more information.
Quote:
>I have a problem when I try to use os.popen() in a cgi with Apache,
>under Win32.

>It works in command-line mode, but don't work through Apache.

>Any idea ?

>Thanks.

>--
>Nicolas Lonard
>Tl : (33) 06-61-40-30-31

Mon, 01 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 os.popen under Win32 Using Apache
Ok, thanks

It works perfectly with win32pipe.popen()

Quote:
> I came across some reference indicating that popen does not work in all
> conditions under win32.  I believe Mark Hammond includes popen2 in the
> win32all package that is supposed to replace popen under Windows.  I would
> check Python's windows page for more information.

Tue, 02 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using os.system and os.popen from pythonwin under Windows NT

2. Using os.popen on Windows NT with spaces in the command

3. Using os.popen with other python scripts

4. Problem using os.popen to execute UNIX commands

5. os.popen() vs os.system()

6. os.system/os.popen ultrasparc

7. Blocking ctrl-c to os.popen() or os.system()

8. popen, fork on Win32

9. problem with popen on Win32

10. win32: popen works, popen3 causes hang

11. SF Bug #602245: os.popen() negative error code IOError

12. euid/egid eaten up by os.popen