Any tool for code coverage analysis on Python program
Author Message
 Any tool for code coverage analysis on Python program

Hi I am trying t find a tol that do code analysis on program in python.
where can I find it?
I am using python 1.5.2

Thanks

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 02:33:20 GMT
 Any tool for code coverage analysis on Python program

    Edward> Hi I am trying t find a tol that do code analysis on program in
    Edward> python.  where can I find it?  I am using Python 1.5.2

Well, I once modified the code profiler to do statement coverage. Go here:

    http://musi-cal.mojam.com/~skip/python/

and search for "test coverage tool".  Take a look here:

    http://musi-cal.mojam.com/~skip/python/Python/dist/src/Lib/StringIO.py

to get an idea of the sort of output it generates.  At one point I was cvs
up'ing from the Python CVS repository each night and generating browsable C
and Python statement coverage output, which is available here:

    http://musi-cal.mojam.com/~skip/python/Python/dist/src/

This little project used the above Python statement coverage generator as
well as gprof and some glue scripts to generate the output you see.  It
wasn't perfect, but still useful.  I don't have the spare CPU cycles on that
machine anymore to bear the extra load.

If someone would like to resurrect that, let me know.

--

(847)971-7098

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 03:57:00 GMT
 Any tool for code coverage analysis on Python program

Quote:
> Hi I am trying t find a tol that do code analysis on program
> in python.
> where can I find it?
> I am using Python 1.5.2

I can't recall if it was available in Python 1.52, but in Python 2.0
and above there is a script called trace.py in the Python tools
directory. It might do what you want.

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 04:09:46 GMT

1. Is there a test coverage analysis tool for tcl-code

2. Researching Python IDEs, debuggers, code coverage, unit testing and mem management tools

3. Coverage analysis tool from Smalltalk Report Oct/95

4. are there coverage analysis tools?

5. Looking for a test coverage analysis tool

6. coverage analysis tools

7. free Fortran Coverage Analysis Tool

8. FORTRAN Test Coverage Analysis Tools wanted

9. Test coverage analysis tool

10. code coverage analysis

11. Request info about Code Coverage Analysis

12. Compaq Visual Fortran Code Coverage Analysis