Free Hosting for Open Source projects
Author Message
 Free Hosting for Open Source projects

Hi all,

In order to give something back to the ever so helpfull Open source
(python!) community I'd like to offer free (virtually unlimited) webspace to
1 or 2 open source projects. As I am a fan of python and the Python
community I am asking you all first. It is our (friend & me) own server and
we can provide shell access, webspace, ftp, email, cvs, cgi , forums,
mailinglists.... the whole shebang and then some.

so, there's no catch or anything, it's just charity :)

so, just email me gumuz_AT_looze.net and we will see.

Guyon

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 20:51:24 GMT
 Free Hosting for Open Source projects
by the way:

this is *NOT* some crappy server running at home over ISDN or something like
that.

it's a nice dedicated server with a 2 megabit connection where we have total
control over. if some service is not available (i doubt it) it's always
possible to add it.

it's not meant to be superior to sf.net or anything it's just something we
would like to do and are capable of doing.

Quote:
> Hi all,

> In order to give something back to the ever so helpfull Open source
> (python!) community I'd like to offer free (virtually unlimited) webspace
> 1 or 2 open source projects. As I am a fan of Python and the Python
> community I am asking you all first. It is our (friend & me) own server
and
> we can provide shell access, webspace, ftp, email, cvs, cgi , forums,
> mailinglists.... the whole shebang and then some.

> so, there's no catch or anything, it's just charity :)

> so, just email me gumuz_AT_looze.net and we will see.

> Guyon

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 21:15:01 GMT
 Free Hosting for Open Source projects

Quote:

> by the way:

> this is *NOT* some crappy server running at home over ISDN or something like
> that.

> it's a nice dedicated server with a 2 megabit connection where we have total
> control over. if some service is not available (i doubt it) it's always
> possible to add it.

> it's not meant to be superior to sf.net or anything it's just something we
> would like to do and are capable of doing.

Could you run an independant server like twisted or other, for the project ?
We can find a lot of shared hosting, but never for running is own
server. We plan to do this with a friend, but are not ready now.

--
William Dode - http://flibuste.net

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 23:22:19 GMT

1. Source-Navigator is now an open source project!

2. Looking for open source hosting site

3. Open-Source projects & User groups

4. open-source project to make a space combat/trading game

5. Angelica Smalltalk C and ASM open source projects

6. open source Actor project ?

7. Open Source Ansii Smalltalk Fun Project Idea

8. An open source Health project

9. Announcement: SARITH open-source project

10. open source projects, sponsoring

11. Two Open Source Cobol-Projects ...