Pythonwin IIS-ASP module imports (bug)
Author Message
 Pythonwin IIS-ASP module imports (bug)

In IIS 4 using Pythonwin 132 modules are not reloaded when an ASP script
is run. Modules are reloaded properly in Pythonwin 129 (I just tested
this) so I will just go back to version 129 but...

The following script should just print out Python's version number but
each time it is refreshed in the browser it tags on an additional
"banana". Refresh it 5 times and sys.version has 5 "banana"'s appended.

---begin script

<%
import sys

Response.Write("<p>" + sys.version + "</p>")

sys.version= sys.version + "banana"
%>
---end script

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Pythonwin IIS-ASP module imports (bug)

Quote:

> In IIS 4 using Pythonwin 132 modules are not reloaded when an ASP
script
> is run. Modules are reloaded properly in Pythonwin 129 (I just tested
> this) so I will just go back to version 129 but...

I'm afraid this is by design.  In build 129, python itself was unloaded
when IIS no longer needed it.  For various reasons (including stability
and speed), Python is now _never_ unloaded from IIS/ASP.  We are very
unlikely to regress back to the original behaviour...

Note that you _can_ use the Python "reload" function inside IIS - this
will allow things to work as you expect.

Mark.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing ASP-IIS objects in modules

2. My modules doesn't seem to reload in IIS asp pages

3. Python + IIS/ASP questions (modules, namespaces, etc)

4. Import-error using own modules in Python in ASP

5. ASP and importing modules

6. Request: module that converts iis Request module to Dict like object

7. IIS hangs when using Topspeed ODBC with Active Server Pages (ASP)

8. TPS ODBC and MS IIS/ASP

9. Object Rexx on IIS using CGI and ASP

10. using com object written in python from iis/asp

11. ASP / IIS problems

12. IIS ASP Python 2.2 script works first time only