Newbie:Wants to access MySQL with Python
Author Message
 Newbie:Wants to access MySQL with Python

Hi:
I have a Redhat linux box running mysql. I'd like to access a database
using python (for cgi purposes). Supposedly, MySQLdb should help me do
this.

I downloaded MySQLdb, and attempted to build it per the instructions.
The script build.py errors out when it can't find:
/usr/lib/python1.4/config/Makefile.pre.in

What is Makefile.pre.in? "Makefile" exists in the above directory, but
Makefile.pre.in does not. What do I do next?

Is there a different python module available to access MySQL?

Thanks in advance
Pete

| The opinions expressed here are my own,     |
| and not necessarily those of my employer.   |

Mon, 04 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie:Wants to access MySQL with Python

Quote:
> Is there a different python module available to access MySQL?

I'm trying to get MySQLdb working, but it keeps segfaulting
on me - what I currently use for development is mysqlmodule-1.4,
which is available from python.org, but it isn't db-api
compliant. Works very well, though.

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt

Mon, 04 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie Help -- Python 2.1 - MySQL-python-0.9.0

2. MySQL access from Python

3. Newbie: apache+php+python+mysql installation.

4. Newbie trying to use Python with Sendmail and MySQL

5. newbie wanting access to 640k of base mem....

6. Roadmap wanted: Python access to SPIRIT.OCX (Win9x)

7. Newbie wants newbie friend

8. Python, MySQL, and MySQLmodule.c 1.4 - Python Version.

9. python-mySQL module documentation other that python.org?

10. compiling mysql-python for python 2.3 on windows

11. MySQL database access with Windows 98

12. Anyone interested in direct access to mySQL?