Tkinter and simulated transparency
Author Message
 Tkinter and simulated transparency

Hi.

I have a top level window with an embeded canvas
To simulate transparency, I want to grab the image in the root window
at the place where the toplevel will be displayed, and put the
image in the canvas.

Is it possible to do that with Tkinter (grab a part of the root window)
?

BTW, what is the purpose of the non-refresh behavior of the toplevel
window ? If I put a canvas into it and then I pack() it, it's background

is displayed (as for the other widgets)..

Thanks.

--
Stphane Conversy
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~conversy/

Sun, 08 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tkinter + Image Transparency

2. Extensions/tkinter/* vs Modules/tkinter* (was: Python 1.1 w/ tkinter for AIX)

3. Tkinter and thread (or thread and Tkinter...)

4. Tkinter wants tkinter:-(

5. Tkinter animation: Python Powered Tkinter

6. Tkinter vs. tkinter

7. Tkinter vs. tkinter

8. LISP - The Spirit of Lisp - Transparency!

9. Need win32 built and bevel button icons with transparency

10. Transparency in RB 3D again

11. RB3D transparency

12. g.drawpicture and transparencies