"import" analysis
Author Message
 "import" analysis

I didn't found anything interesting about this on google:

does anyone know a tool which parse a project's files and tell you which
modules are imported but not present in the parsed project nor in the
standard python library ?

TIA

--
Sylvain Thenault

  LOGILAB           http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 29 May 2004 01:01:16 GMT
 "import" analysis

Quote:
>I didn't found anything interesting about this on google:

>does anyone know a tool which parse a project's files and tell you which
>modules are imported but not present in the parsed project nor in the
>standard python library ?

>TIA

search for python installer, Gordon's stuff does a good job at this.
--
Robin Becker

Sat, 29 May 2004 01:17:40 GMT
 "import" analysis

Quote:

> does anyone know a tool which parse a project's files and tell you which
> modules are imported but not present in the parsed project nor in the
> standard python library ?

no, but check out Py2exe and McMillian's Installer. Either one will do
part of the job for you...

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker,
Ph.D.

Water Resources Engineering       -------      ---------     --------

Sat, 29 May 2004 03:08:30 GMT
 "import" analysis

Quote:

>> does anyone know a tool which parse a project's files and tell you which
>> modules are imported but not present in the parsed project nor in the
>> standard python library ?

>no, but check out Py2exe and McMillian's Installer. Either one will do
>part of the job for you...

I'll check for that...

thanks, Chris and Robin!

--
Sylvain Thenault

  LOGILAB           http://www.logilab.org

Sat, 29 May 2004 16:27:15 GMT

2. "Visual Complex Analysis is a delight"

3. New paper, "Dylan Competitive Analysis" (draft)

4. "import foo" and "from foo import bar"

5. Is "form X import *" different from "import X"?

6. "Importing From Application" with CFW 2003

7. "Importing From Application" with CFW 2003

8. Failure to import "time"?

9. Importing "Modules"

10. W9x "import" case sensitivity

11. "from nt import *" fails in os