allow_reuse_address! duh!
Author Message
 allow_reuse_address! duh!

My coworkers have been complaining about a particuraly annoying feature of
our agent infrastructure ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ):  when you stop
an agent, you have to wait for something like two minutes to restart,
because the socket is busy.

While poking around for something else, I stumbled over the
allow_reuse_address class variable in SocketServer.  Y'all may have known
about this for years, but it's news to me.  All you have to do is set it
before initializing the TCPServer base class.

    SocketServer.TCPServer.allow_reuse_address = 1
    SocketServer.TCPServer.__init__(self, host, RequestHandler)
--

Senior Meat Manager
Downright Software LLC

   With Seven Servers In California And Texas - The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Thu, 27 Nov 2003 19:58:27 GMT

1. PRINT contens of duh->memo to paper

2. Duh.

3. duh - which Python?

4. dpwish - duh

5. Parameter typing error! Solved! DUH!

6. Duh! Need help understanding classes...

7. why use tcl? duh...

8. why use tcl? duh...