Python ODBC crash on failure of connection to MS SQL
Author Message
 Python ODBC crash on failure of connection to MS SQL

Hi,

I would appreciate ur advice on this problem that i am facing.
I am running a python application and using the MSSQL database through
a python ODBC interface. I find that the python ODBC interface crashes
whenever there is a connection failure to the MSSQL. I get an "unable
to read memory" message coming up and a print message "disconnected"
which i later found in the ODBC.cpp source file in the method
odbcPrintError() which handles the dbi errors.
I use the same with MySQL and dont seem to have any problems with
connection failure handling.

Can somebody advice me as to how i can resolve this issue.

Thanks
Sophy

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:53:18 GMT

1. Python ODBC interface crash on connection failure to MS SQL

2. Python and MS SQL (Microsoft SQL server)

3. Legacy example of showing a status screen for a DNSless connection to an MS SQL database

4. TCL, ODBC and SQL Server 7.0 - Database server crashing

5. MS SQL 7.0 vs. MS SQL 2000

6. CW5 MS SQL Driver uses ODBC??

7. CW 1.5 with MS SQL Server (ODBC)

8. ODBC Conect to MS SQL Server

9. ODBC and MS SQL Server Questions

10. Trying to use MEMOS and/or large strings with ODBC + MS SQL

11. Continuous problems with CW2001, ODBC and MS SQL 6.5

12. Slow Browse with MS-SQL / ODBC....