IIS ASP Python 2.2 script works first time only
Author Message
 IIS ASP Python 2.2 script works first time only

Have a simple python script hello.asp to create a web page which
displays current date and time.

<% python script code here %>

After upgrading from Python 2.1 to 2.2 with win32all-146.exe my
hello.asp script runs first time OK. Then just a blank page is
displayed in IE browser window next Refresh or activation.  I am
running Python 2.2 on WindowsNT 4.0 server and IIS 4.0.

Any ideas why the hello.asp script would generate HTML code only the
first time a new hello.asp file is copied to the server?

Tue, 27 Jul 2004 03:37:26 GMT
 IIS ASP Python 2.2 script works first time only

Quote:
> Have a simple Python script hello.asp to create a web page which
> displays current date and time.

> <% python script code here %>

> After upgrading from Python 2.1 to 2.2 with win32all-146.exe my
> hello.asp script runs first time OK. Then just a blank page is
> displayed in IE browser window next Refresh or activation.  I am
> running Python 2.2 on WindowsNT 4.0 server and IIS 4.0.

> Any ideas why the hello.asp script would generate HTML code only the
> first time a new hello.asp file is copied to the server?

You've hit a bug. Mark Hammond's recent advice to another poster with the
same problem involved overwriting one particular element with an earlier
release's version: you could probably ggogle forit if you chose. Maybe it's
fixed in CVS if you want to compile your own version, but I dunno.

regards
 Steve
--
Consulting, training, speaking: http://www.holdenweb.com/
Author, Python Web Programming: http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/

"This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it
intersects with useful practice."  Aahz Maruch on c.l.py

Tue, 27 Jul 2004 05:01:00 GMT
 IIS ASP Python 2.2 script works first time only

 > After upgrading from Python 2.1 to 2.2 with win32all-146.exe my
 > hello.asp script runs first time OK. Then just a blank page is
 > displayed in IE browser window next Refresh or activation.  I am
 > running Python 2.2 on WindowsNT 4.0 server and IIS 4.0.
 >
 > Any ideas why the hello.asp script would generate HTML code only the
 > first time a new hello.asp file is copied to the server?

Problem and solution here (one line url):

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=da&threadm=vtk68.20338%248d1.71627...

regards Max M

Tue, 27 Jul 2004 05:04:42 GMT

1. config for Python as the IIS hosted ASP script Lang

2. Python 2.2 + Win32All 146 = Python/ASP Failures

3. Python ActiveX Scripting Engine (0x80020009) Error - KeyboardInterrupt - python 2.2

4. using com object written in python from iis/asp

5. Python, ASP/IIS, KeyboardInterrupt

6. ideal architecture for Python/IIS/ASP/COM?

7. connect to IIS and debug ASP with python????

8. IIS + ASP + <#@Language=Python#>== performance_hit

9. Python + IIS/ASP questions (modules, namespaces, etc)

10. Trouble with IIS Python ASP

11. time bug in Python 2.2(Windows)?

12. distutils changes my scripts when installing (python 2.2)