NEW Release of Linux Python RPMS
Author Message
 NEW Release of Linux Python RPMS

Quote:
> Oliver Andrich wrote....

I'd like to compliment Oliver for his fine job on providing RPMS for
the Linux community! Thanks again...

On my wishlist for you to-do items are:

1. S.u.S.E. compatible RPMS
2. MySQL add-on(s)
3. Fnorb?

Cheers,

Glenn
--
Glenn R. Williams
Advanced Decisions Inc.

Wed, 18 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 NEW Release of Linux Python RPMS

Hi,

the first to points are in my queue. The second is hopefully finished this
weekend, but the next has to wait until I am back at work, cause I have no
SuSE machine at hand at home. ;-(( The upcoming release is already ready for
testing, the fixing concerning SuSE Linux are also included; I just need a
machine to compile it. ;-)))

Concerning FNORB. I have not played with any of these things myself, I don't
even know what to do with COBRA and so on. Well, not exactly. I have an
overall view of this, but no indepth knowledge. ;-)) My question is. Is FNORB
well documented considering compilation and installation? Do I have to know
more about it? If not, then it is easy to compile a package. Otherwise I am
willing to accept volunteers who want to contribute with an own package. I
think, what we need is a easy to install, easy to use, well documented python
package family for Linux, so we can make the power Python available to a lot
of people without forcing the people to learn anything else then Python. <g>

Bye, Oliver

Quote:
>> Oliver Andrich wrote....

>I'd like to compliment Oliver for his fine job on providing RPMS for
>the Linux community! Thanks again...

>On my wishlist for you to-do items are:

>1. S.u.S.E. compatible RPMS
>2. MySQL add-on(s)
>3. Fnorb?

>Cheers,

>Glenn
>--
>Glenn R. Williams
>Advanced Decisions Inc.
>Running S.u.S.E. Linux 5.2, Powered by Python!

--
Oliver Andrich, Rhein-Zeitung/RZ-Online, Schlossstrasse 42, D-56068 Koblenz

PGPKey: request the following URL

Wed, 18 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 NEW Release of Linux Python RPMS

Hi there,

Quote:
> Concerning FNORB. I have not played with any of these things myself, I don't
> even know what to do with COBRA and so on. Well, not exactly. I have an
> overall view of this, but no indepth knowledge. ;-)) My question is. Is FNORB
> well documented considering compilation and installation? Do I have to know
> more about it? If not, then it is easy to compile a package. Otherwise I am
> willing to accept volunteers who want to contribute with an own package. I
> think, what we need is a easy to install, easy to use, well documented Python
> package family for Linux, so we can make the power Python available to a lot
> of people without forcing the people to learn anything else then Python. <g>

As a member of the Fnorb team - I thought maybe I should comment ;^)

We would be more than happy to see Fnorb provided in the Linux package,
however there are a number of issues:-

1) The current version of Fnorb (0.6) still requires the Omnibroker utility
'irfeed' to parse IDL and populate the interface repository.  Hence you can't
install Fnorb without installing (parts of) Omnibroker. The next version will
come with its own parser and will therefore be a standalone package.

2) Documentation is still a bit 'thin' - hopefully this will gradually improve
over the next couple of releases ;^)

3) The Python/IDL language mapping is still under discussion and is therefore
subject to change.

Until these issues are addressed we think it is a little premature to add
Fnorb to the Linux package.  Keep us in mind though!!

Martin
--
 _--_|\  Martin Chilvers,                        Voice: +61-7-3365-4310
/      * Research Scientist, Architectures Unit, Fax:   +61-7-3365-4311

      v  The University of Queensland, QLD 4072.

Fri, 20 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. NEW Release of Linux Python RPMS [package version 1.5.1-10]

2. NEW Release of Linux Python RPMS [package version 1.5.1-10]

3. NEW Release of Linux Python RPMS (Important Changes)

4. New Release of Python 1.5 Linux RPMS for glibc based systems

5. New release of the Python 1.5 RPMS for Linux

6. Update release Python LINUX RPMS

7. New Python 1.5 Linux RPMS

8. Linux RPMs for Zope 1.10.3 Final Release

9. Linux RPMs for Zope 1.10.2 Stable Release

10. New Linux RPMs available

11. New Linux Ada95 RPMs Available

12. New Release of the Python Distribution for Linux