Lack of error messages during Tk startup - why?
Author Message
 Lack of error messages during Tk startup - why?

I am doing some surgery on a Tk user interface (tcl 7.6/Tk 4.2).  In the
process I deleted a menu button from a menubar, but forgot to delete its
reference from a pack command a bit later on in the script.  This was
clearly an error, but Tk didn't utter a peep.  The error had some
effect, since the next button creation didn't execute.

In reading the man pages I noticed that Tk defines a bgerror command
that does the dialog popup thing.  Unfortunately, that seems to be
inactive early in the script.  I tried defining my own bgerror proc that
would simply print its argument, but it apparently isn't getting called.

Any suggestions appreciated,

--
Skip Montanaro
(replies to "montanaro" at the domain name "crd.ge.com")

Mon, 17 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Lack of error messages during Tk startup - why?

2. Lack of Timeout error message with NI-DAQ6.5.1

3. Error message during creation of record. Errorcode 22055

4. Error message during creation of record. Errorcode 37000

5. Re; Error Message during app testing

6. Error message during Installation and deletion

7. Why does Error 8 pop up during routine datalogging

8. tcl/tk error in startup script

9. Tcl/Tk 8.0 , Error in startup script

10. Breaking the Ctrl+C abort during startup??

11. why error message on this form code below

12. Running tclsh during WinXP startup?