Python Oracle module for Oracle 8 -- NEED HELP!!!!
Author Message
 Python Oracle module for Oracle 8 -- NEED HELP!!!!

I need help very urgently!!!

I'm trying to find (and to install) Python's Oracle module.
That's the Oracle module I'm trying to make working:

      http://www.*-*-*.com/

The problem is I'm using

  - Oracle 8  and
  - python 1.5.2

but the Oracle module mentioned above is made for

  - Python 1.4/1.3  and
  - Oracle 7 !!!

None of the Oracle files to be compiled by make exists in Oracle 8
anymore!!!

I desperately need an Oracle module for Python, I can't use MySQL now, I
must stick to Oracle.

Please help, if you can! Tell me if you've got experiences with this
module, especially when you're using it with Oracle 8!!

Peter

| Peter H. Bittner
| International Student at Aston University

| web: http://www.*-*-*.com/ {*filter*}
+--------------------------

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Python Oracle module for Oracle 8 -- NEED HELP!!!!
that old oracle module has been replaced by DCOracle, available from
zope.org:
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Yes, it works with Oracle 8, from clients on Linux and Solaris, and
others...

Enjoy!

Quote:

--
William K. Scherer
Sr. Member of Applications Staff

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need help building oracle module

2. Need help: Python and Oracle on Linux x86

3. I need an Oracle database access module

4. Oracle DB module for Python Windows98

5. Python module for Oracle

6. Oracle module for Python 1.4?

7. : Oracle module for Python 1.4?

8. Compiling python 1.4 b3 with oracle module

9. Oracle module for Python on SUN, anyone?

10. A Python Oracle Module

11. An Oracle module for Python

12. Help - Oracle module