Tkinter: easiest way to create stand-alone dialog?
Author Message
 Tkinter: easiest way to create stand-alone dialog?

Hallo,

I want to use a dialog box within a python script, not within a GUI
application. Now I'm looking for a very simple way to create a dialog box.
Something like this:

     from Dialog import Dialog
     success = do_some_stuff()
     if not succes:
         Dialog(text="Ouch, an error", ...)

Unfortunately Dialog() opens a root window (and the dialog box of course).

Is there another easy way to create a modal dialog box, but without a root
window? Or do I have to write myself a class (not that complicated at all,
but I'm lazy :-)

+++hartmut

Mon, 21 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. creating stand-alone versions for easy distribution etc

2. To stand-alone or not to stand-alone

3. How Do You Create Stand Alone Applications?

4. Creating a stand-alone exec???

5. Creating Stand Alone Applications With Oberon-2

6. Tclapp in windows: How to wrap a custom interpreter to create a stand-alone executable

7. How to create one stand alone executable??????

8. Creating a stand alone Python Service (win32)

9. Creating a Text widget in a Dialog (Tkinter)

10. libs for stand alone programs

11. Can any Smalltalk dialects produce stand-alone DLLs?

12. Newbie: Producing small stand-alone exes for Windows