'multiple definitions' with MacOS X
Author Message
 'multiple definitions' with MacOS X

Hi,
I'm working with python2.1 and MacOS X and compiling up packages such as
PyXML and 4Suite (although this happens with packages such as MySQLdb
too).

I use the standard procedure to build and install these packages, ie

% python2.1 setup.py install

When I test out 4Suite, ie

% cd /usr/local/doc/4Suite-0.11/test_suite/4XSLT
% python2.1 basic_test.py

I get this;

dyld: python2.1 multiple definitions of symbol _XML_DefaultCurrent
python2.1 definition of _XML_DefaultCurrent
/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/Ft/Lib/cDomlettec.so definition
of _XML_DefaultCurrent

I've managed to install MySQLdb by stripping out an offending symbol
from libmysqlclient.a, but surely there's a cleaner way of doing this?
Is there some compiler flag I can set that gets around this?

The python is a pre-compiled version from http://www.*-*-*.com/

any help would be appreciated, this effectively stops me using any
compiled modules under MacOS X (which is, in almost all other respects,
excellent!).

TIA
tone.

Thu, 06 Nov 2003 17:11:12 GMT

1. two definitions of 'cyclic'?

2. Technical: Definition of ``alyasing''

3. Definition of 'apply' of MDI GUI

4. Definition of 'pickle'

5. A definition for 'foreach'

6. 'manpage'-like CL-Definitions availiable ?

7. Multiple Dispatch (was Re: Replacing Multiple Inheritance with Java's Interfaces)

8. Using DLL's or CIN's to talk to multiple Ethernet cards

9. Making 'Multiple' ScalarInterpolator...(HANIM)

10. Splitting 'and' conditions into multiple conditions

11. multiple task 'instances'

12. 'logging' module - multiple messages