Who wants a Python programming job in Austin, Texas ? 
Author Message
 Who wants a Python programming job in Austin, Texas ?

First, let me apologize for getting anyone's hopes up. I
do NOT have a job for you. For now, I'm just trying to
get a sense of the availability of python programmers in
central Texas. Send me an email, and I will report the
tally back here, in case others are interested in this.
Here are the relevant questions:

  Are you looking for a job as a software developer?

  How long have you been a software engineer?

  How long have you been programming in Python?



Tue, 22 Jun 2004 04:27:40 GMT  
 Who wants a Python programming job in Austin, Texas ?

Quote:

> First, let me apologize for getting anyone's hopes up. I
> do NOT have a job for you. For now, I'm just trying to
> get a sense of the availability of Python programmers in
> central Texas.

I'm currently in El Paso, but would be willing to relocate
if an unbeatable offer came along. Also would be
willing to commute on a weekly basis for a well-
paying contract.

Quote:
> Send me an email, and I will report the
> tally back here, in case others are interested in this.
> Here are the relevant questions:

>   Are you looking for a job as a software developer?

I am employed full-time, but am not entirely content. I've
been with the same firm for ten years, and am looking for
a change, preferably something that (a) pays very well,
and (b) allows me to work with open-source products and
not have to re-install Windows twice a month.

Quote:
>   How long have you been a software engineer?

Professionally, ten years.

Quote:
>   How long have you been programming in Python?

About two years, I think.

Cheers,
-- Joe
"I should like to close this book by sticking out any part of my neck
 which is not yet exposed, and making a few predictions about how the
 problem of quantum gravity will in the end be solved."
 --- Physicist Lee Smolin, "Three Roads to Quantum Gravity"



Tue, 22 Jun 2004 08:52:05 GMT  
 Who wants a Python programming job in Austin, Texas ?

Quote:

> First, let me apologize for getting anyone's hopes up. I
> do NOT have a job for you. For now, I'm just trying to
> get a sense of the availability of Python programmers in
> central Texas. Send me an email, and I will report the
> tally back here, in case others are interested in this.
> Here are the relevant questions:

>   Are you looking for a job as a software developer?

    Yes - I moved to Dallas with my wife when she got
transfered. Just in time for the bottom to fall out of
the programmers job market. <sigh>

Quote:

>   How long have you been a software engineer?

14+ years, mostly C and Perl (plus some older stuff
no longer relevant)

Quote:

>   How long have you been programming in Python?

I am now learning Python and C++ (QT/KDE, picking up emacs,
exploring the grittier details of CVS)- got lots of time
on my hands.

    If it were a temporary contract I could commute
Austin to Dallas for a few months...

-Arnold, C. E.



Tue, 22 Jun 2004 13:45:28 GMT  
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. JOB: Senior Knowledge Engineer in Austin, Texas

2. Job Post Texas Asic Designer VHDL Wanted

3. Austin,Texas area developers - I'm looking for work

4. People in/near Austin, Texas?

5. Austin, Texas Dev. Mgr for start-up

6. **COBOL,CICS opps in Austin, Texas**

7. Prolog in Austin Texas?

8. help to contact university of Texas at Austin

9. Austin jobs: programming & software management

10. Austin, Texas - Interview Forum

11. Python Jobs Available in Austin

12. Python Job Posting: Austin, TX

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software