Freezing problem with shared libraries in python2.0 under RedHatLinux 7.1
Author Message
 Freezing problem with shared libraries in python2.0 under RedHatLinux 7.1

Hello all,
I am new to python but I have a simple program hello.py

include cPickle
print "hello world"

And if i try to freeze it under RedHat Linux 7.1, it will
create the source files, which compile after running
make, leaving the executable 'hello'
however, when i run hello i get the following error
Traceback (most recent call last):
file "hello.py", line 1, in ?
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.0/lib/lib-dynload/cPickle.so: undefined
symbol:
PyExec_IOError
(/usr/local/lib/python2.0/lib/lib-dynload/cPickle.so exists on the hard
drive)
This will be the same for other programs,  just other files, for emple
ImportError:/usr/local/lib/python2.0/lib/lib-dynload/arrayumodule.so and
what not.

I looked in the FAQ, and saw 3.34: I cant load shared libraries under Python
1.52, Solaris7, and gcc 2.95.2
answer configure should make the following variable in the Makefile created
by freezing
LINKFORSHARED=-Xlinker -export-dynamic
but wasnt for version 1.52, but when i checked in my Makefile, that variable
IS there.

Can anyone help me?
Thank you very much
RichP

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:16:59 GMT

1. python2.1 install problem on redhat 7.1

2. Problem Building Python2.1 on RedHat 7.1

3. Problem installing Python2.1 on RH 7.1

4. RH 7.1/Fail upgrading to Python2: Why?

5. no RHL 7.1 RPMs for python2.1

6. Compiling using the Fortran NAG library under Linux RedHat 7.1

7. JMFFT Library release 7.1

8. Problem with Menu in VW 7.1

9. ifc 7.1 on SuSE 8.2 64bits linking problem.

10. Idle 7.1 socket problem

11. Mixed-Language PROBLEMS - MS FORTRAN 5.00/Watcom 10.6 and PDS 7.1

12. Problem: readline in Python 2.1 on SuSE 7.1