1.2 Windows install problem with ctl3d32.dll
Author Message
 1.2 Windows install problem with ctl3d32.dll

I have just tried to install python for Win32 1.2 (on Windows 3.1).  It unpacked
itself, boots up, and works as a 'calculator'.  However, as it boots I get this
message:

  CTL3DV2.DLL
  This application uses CTL3D32.DLL, which has not been correctly
  installed

I have win32s on my machine, but I don't know how to find out which version.
There is a ctld3d32.dll in the python distribution which I have copied to
\windows\system.  Is there anything else I need to do ti install it?

I also have two other errors, when I choose File|Run and File|Import, as
follows:

File | Import...
  Error Message: "Only .py files can be imported"

File | Run..
  Error Message: "Unable to write to, it is read-only or opened by
  someone else"

  Traceback (innermost last):
    File ".\editor.py", line 160, in OnSaveDocument
      self.view.SaveFile(fileName)
  IOError: File not found

I presume these are occurring because the dialog to get the file didn't work.

I would be most grateful for any help on this.

--
Andy Robinson

Thu, 16 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 1.2 Windows install problem with ctl3d32.dll

Quote:

>I have just tried to install Python for Win32 1.2 (on Windows 3.1).  It unpacked

There are two versions, Mark Hammond's and mine.  Please specify.

Quote:
>  CTL3DV2.DLL
>  This application uses CTL3D32.DLL, which has not been correctly
>  installed

I got this message on NT when I had a duplicate copy of CTL3D32.DLL
on my system.  Try deleting all copies except the one in \windows\system.

Jim

Thu, 16 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. 1.2 Windows install problem with ctl3d32.dll

2. ctl3d32.dll, Python/win32 install issues

3. CTL3D.DLL, CTL3D32.DLL, CTL3DV2.DLL and Clipper/Fivewin/R&R

4. CTL3D32.DLL

5. Ada binding to MS ctl3d32.dll

6. ctl3d32.dll?

7. ANNOUNCE: tcl install shell version 1.2

8. Java Plugin 1.2 (Java 1.2)

9. Windows 98 and APL*PLUS III ver 1.2 - won't load

10. Vouch32.lib 1.2 Clipper to Windows Interface

11. Mise a jour de Xbase 1.1 a 1.2 sous Windows nt server 3.51

12. Upgrade Xbase++ 1.1 to 1.2 and Windows Nt server 3.51