win32 libs/Python21.lib
Author Message
 win32 libs/Python21.lib

This quote appears in a recent Zope article by brian

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Note: if your are attempting to build on win32 and have installed only the standard python 2.1
for windows, you will need to download an updated python21.lib and replace the version in the
'libs' directory of your Python installation. The version that comes with Python2.1 does not
appear to be the correct one for building win32-x86 libraries.

I have been using this OK with VC++ 6.0 and have noticed no problems, but what should I be
worried about?
--
Robin Becker

Wed, 19 Nov 2003 02:28:35 GMT
 win32 libs/Python21.lib
[Robin Becker]
Quote:
> This quote appears in a recent Zope article by brian

http://www.zope.org/Members/Brian/Misc/ExtensionBuilder/ExtensionBuil...
te-053101

Quote:

>    ... The version [of .lib] that comes with Python2.1 does not
>    appear to be the correct one for building win32-x86 libraries.
> I have been using this OK with VC++ 6.0 and have noticed no
> problems, but what should I be worried about?

Nothing, as far as I've been able to determine.  Brian appears to be having
a problem unique to his box, but we haven't yet figured out exactly what.

Wed, 19 Nov 2003 05:02:38 GMT

1. cygwin and python21.lib: unresolved symbols

2. (Win2k) Need some hand-holding to build (special) python21.lib

3. Problem with Swig/C++/Python and python21.lib

4. combining libs into one lib

5. win32: Creating statically linked libs?

6. tcl76sa.lib/tk42sa.lib anyone?

7. Python-2.1 Debug libs zip is missing tcl &tk debug libs

8. Prototype for all Win32.lib functions

9. strange Link problem (win32.lib)

10. Rexx Math Lib for Win32?

11. Win32 API won't build - python22_d.lib?

12. Where to get Python20_d.lib for Win32 ?