programatically changing windows desktop background
Author Message
 programatically changing windows desktop background

I want to write a python program that periodically takes an image
file, writes some useful infomation on it (like the Calendar, etc.),
saves the file, and then sets it as the current windows background
image.

Most of it is pretty straightforward, but does anybody know how I can
change the windows background imagage from a python program?

Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:16:05 GMT
 programatically changing windows desktop background
The Win32 API call you need is "SystemParametersInfo", but that is
not exposed in the Python win32 extensions (as far as I can tell).
This does not mean that you can't do it, but it isn't a no-brainer.

Sorry to be unhelpful.

Yours,
Noah

> I want to write a python program that periodically takes an image
> file, writes some useful infomation on it (like the Calendar, etc.),
> saves the file, and then sets it as the current windows background
> image.

> Most of it is pretty straightforward, but does anybody know how I can
> change the windows background imagage from a python program?

Tue, 23 Nov 2004 02:25:17 GMT

1. REXX: Random change the desktop background --- a rexx program for Warrp

2. Change boot sequence through Windows programatically

3. VOS2 - Changing Window Backgrounds

4. Change Window Background Color at Runtime

5. Changing window background for printing

6. changing background colour of an rc_graphic window

7. VX-Rexx: Desktop background color?

8. VX-Rexx: Desktop background color?

9. Setting OS/2's Desktop Background Color

10. desktop background settings

11. From the web to desktop background

12. How to change a database file programatically?