Configuring Python-2.1 for OpenSSL
Author Message
 Configuring Python-2.1 for OpenSSL

I looked through FAQ and Google and got stuck beyond this point. I hope this
is the proper forum for this question.

1. This is the location of openssl on a Linux RH 6.2 system: [
/usr/OpenSSL-0.9.4/openssl-0.9.4/  ] How do I configure python-2.1 install
for this ? In modules/setup below ?

# Socket module compiled with SSL support; you must comment out the other
# socket line above, and possibly edit the SSL variable:
#SSL=/usr/local/ssl
#_socket socketmodule.c \
# -DUSE_SSL -I$(SSL)/include -I$(SSL)/include/openssl \
# -L$(SSL)/lib -lssl -lcrypto
# The crypt module is now disabled by default because it breaks builds
# on many systems (where -lcrypt is needed), e.g. Linux (I believe).
#
# First, look at Setup.config; configure may have set this for you.

Any advice is welcome.

2. How do I install python-2.1 to let it peacefully co-exist with
python-1.5.2 ?

Thanks,

Sandipan

Fri, 07 Nov 2003 02:49:01 GMT

1. Question about compiling python with openSSL support

2. openssl-python

3. OpenSSL & Python -the Saga Continues

4. OpenSSL & Python installed (Half of the battle)

5. openssl 0.9.5a and python 1.6a2

6. python 1.6a2 and openssl (debian) solved

7. python 1.6a2 and openssl

8. Python 1.6 and OpenSSL version required?

9. Cannot regenerate configure from configure.in

10. Configure should generate a configure header file

11. How to configure Python with IIS

12. Problems with ./configure options (Python-2.1) on HPUX11 for 64bit ELF format