Windows NT select.select( )
Author Message
 Windows NT select.select( )

I recently had to write an EventLoop class to replace the
asyncore.poll( ) function since I need to support timers
as well as sockets in my application. There was an oddity
under Windows NT that when no sockets were registered to
the socket_map select failed. This code worked fine under
UNIX. For example, select( [ ], [ ], [ ], 5 ) will
raise a "file does not exist" error under Windows NT.

Has anyone else noticed this? I've worked around it by
creating an unconnected socket and placing it in the
exception list; ie. select( [ ], [ ], [ s ], 5 ). This
allows the code to work under Windows and UNIX.

I am using python 1.5.2, the precompiled version. I am
pretty sure it is just a Windows NT oddity and not a
Python problem, but I was curious if anyone knew more.
Or even a better way to fix this.

Thanks for your help.

--
Ditto
    In the English language two positives never form a negative.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 04 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows NT select.select( )

Quote:

>.... There was an oddity
>under Windows NT that when no sockets were registered to
>the socket_map select failed. ...

>Has anyone else noticed this?

Yup.

Quote:
>... I was curious if anyone knew more.
>Or even a better way to fix this.

Nope.

-Gordon

Sun, 05 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. NT select.select?

2. windows NT: select on file objects

3. Clarion Browse using SQL doing a SELECT ASC and then SELECT DESC

4. select and select

5. ASSOCIATE, SELECT TYPE, and SELECT CASE

6. select.select question

7. select.select example?

8. is there any troubles with select.select in python

9. select.select

10. Client with select.select()

11. ports with select.select() ???

12. tcl sql selecting and retrieving selected fields