Python modules from Fortran via SWIG?
Author Message
 Python modules from Fortran via SWIG?

I have some fortran subroutines which I'm trying to wrap into a
python module.  I'm using SWIG as a tool to save myself lots of hard
work.  Is there anyone out there who has done something similar?

I'd like to share the experience :-)

I'm using NAG f90 (the fortran code is Fortran 77 with vax extensions
= structures), gcc and Debian Linux 1.2, should that affect anyone's
judgement.

--
Michael Bell
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines, Western Australia

Fri, 10 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Python modules from Fortran via SWIG?

Quote:

> I have some Fortran subroutines which I'm trying to wrap into a
> python module.  I'm using SWIG as a tool to save myself lots of hard
> work.  Is there anyone out there who has done something similar?

> I'd like to share the experience :-)

> I'm using NAG f90 (the fortran code is Fortran 77 with vax extensions
> = structures), gcc and Debian Linux 1.2, should that affect anyone's
> judgement.

> --

We are currently wrapping some Netlib ODE integrators (rksuite and
cvode) both with compiled derivtive routines and with the derivitives
(and Jacobian, for CVODE) specified as a Python function.  At the
moment we aren't using SWIG, but plan to look at SWIG and FIDL (Jim

the next few weeks.  We should have a few examples and some
documentation available on our web page in the next month or so.

Phil

(604) 822-2175          FAX:      (604) 822-6150

http://www.geog.ubc.ca/~phil
Associate Professor
Atmospheric Sciences Programme
Geography #217
University of British Columbia
1984 W Mall
Vancouver, BC  V6T 1Z2
CANADA

Fri, 10 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Python modules from Fortran via SWIG?

2. segfault dup'ing string through C++ (via swig) module

3. fortran.i - SWIG library module for FORTRAN code wrapping

4. calling swigged C++ from C++ via Python?

5. Python/SWIG: Namespace collisions in multiple modules.

6. Linking Ruby to C++ via SWIG in Cygwin: missing ruby.o

7. Linking Ruby to C++ via SWIG in Cygwin: missing ruby.a

8. Python Dynamic Loading (extending Python for SWIG)

9. Typechecking problem with ruby module for swig

10. Great New Fortran Book: Object-Oriented Programming Via Fortran 90/95

11. Extension module import error with MinGW, SWIG, and distutils

12. SWIG: ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function